1. The aeroplane ________ down atCairoon its way toIndia.
2. There's a river. Can you ________?
(B) to swimming
(D) to swim
3. His bank manager decided to give him financial ________ for his new shop.
4. We usually go there once ________.
(A) the week
(B) a week
(C) all weeks
(D) in the week
5. They fooled me totally. They pulled the ________ over my eyes.
6. There are no apples left: we've eaten ________.
(B) every one
7. This is the best play ________ I have ever seen.
8. - I am the new receptionist. - ________.
(A) Your servant
(B) How do you do?
(C) Not at all
(D) I'm happy to know you
9. She often wishes that she ________ a bicycle.
(A) can rode
(B) can ride
(C) could ride
(D) could rode
10. - What does Julia do? -She's ________ nurse in a big hospital.
11. The fewer bags you take ________ trouble you will have.
(A) the fewer
(B) the little
(C) the less
(D) the least
12. He used to live ________London.
13. Laura got a ________ new stereo for Christmas.
14. ________ me the time, please?
(A) Can you telling
(B) Do you can tell
(C) Can you tell
(D) Are you able for telling
15. ________ exhibitions are like huge market places for the sale of goods, and these are often called trade fairs.
(A) Most of
(B) A great many
(C) A great deal of
(D) Many of
16. How ________?
(A) much tall are you
(B) tall you are
(C) you are tall
(D) tall are you
17. When I see Barbara in the street, she always ________ at me.
(B) has smiled
(C) was smiling
18. I won't let you ________ there.
(A) to go
(D) go to
19. After closing the envelop, the secretary ________ the stamps on firmly.
20. This is my bike. This bike is ________.